We work to provide developmentally appropriate educational environments that empower children to be confident, successful, lifelong learners.
It is the mission of the Bearcamp Valley School and Children’s Center to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children; to seek a balance in addressing each child as a unique social, emotional, intellectual and physical person; to empower children to be responsible, caring, creative, hardworking and playful contributors to their community; and to support and work in partnership with the children’s families by responding to their needs and offering participation in BVSCC daily life.
To fulfill our mission involves:
- Creating and preserving a learning community with a distinctive group culture based on the central practice of a working circle of equals.
- Being attuned to the children, and listening respectfully and carefully to them.
- Giving everyday a sense of occasion, dedication and celebration.
- Fostering self-respect and self-discipline through an enthusiastic and reverent attitude to learning, excellence, challenge, problem-solving and problem seeking, and a validated sense of each member of the community’s ownership of the process.
- Interweaving personal freedom and responsibility in a multiage environment where following an integrated curriculum respects different learning styles and the variety of pace in individual learning.
- Bringing aesthetics and environmental understanding to the center of the curriculum.
- Helping individuals find their passions and sparking lifelong interests.